2.5
Service Scheduling

We had our tub and shower done over about 8 years ago with ReBath. Our old tile and grout was always stained with mildew even after digging it out and regretting, and the salesman told us that what they used instead of grout was a revolutionary material that mold and mildew could not even grow on, would not support it..."impossible for mildew to grow on." We were thrilled.

We were told multiple times that all we needed to do to clean our new tub and surround was Windex and a paper towel once a week, by both the salesman and the installer.

When it was installed, I was immediately unhappy because what we'd been shown by the salesman was a surround that looked like textured tiles...this was flat sheet like any other fiberglass, with just the marble coloring we'd ordered, no texture at all. We didn't complain thinking maybe WE should have been more specific in ordering to make sure what we were shown was what we were getting. They also put the grab bar in the most useless place...too low to grab if you're in the shower and slanted so if you try to pull yourself up out of the tub your wet hand just slides down the slide! Well it was too late to do anything about that...it was in.

We were given a printed list of acceptable cleaners to use on the finish so that our lifetime warranty wouldn't be voided...topped by the Windex and paper towels but including soft scrub with bleach.

We learned very quickly that Windex did NOTHING to clean these surfaces. There was a scaly film over everything within a couple of weeks. Eventually I found that Mr. Clean Magic Eraser removed it.

After several months I started seeing the mildew...when the grout that wasn't really grout was put in, apparently little air bubbles in it popped leaving little tiny pinhead pockets that were nearly invisible. All of those spots have since grown mildew, and it stains, permanently. I have used commercial mildew removers, household mildew removers, bristle brushes, foaming bleach, everything. All I ever achieved was a lighter black temporarily.

I've advised my husband to call them as it was purchased under his name and we were not yet married at the time, and truthfully he never has, and he has the information filed somewhere but I don't know where. So maybe the company will fix it, maybe they will try to say we didn't use the right cleaners and voided the warranty...I will happily update my review either way...but just wanted to say Buyer Beware when the sales rep sits at your kitchen table and makes claims of "impossible" and "never" and "all you need is..." Bla-bla

Product or Service Mentioned: Rebath Bathroom Remodeling.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Crew was polite and did a good job keeped work area clean.

Comments