2.8K views

Rebath was at the home and garden show here in Birmingham, so my wife went ahead and made an appointment to get an estimate. We wanted to convert an existing shower into a tub (since we don't have a tub in our home).

Rebath showed up, they were two young gentlemen. So, now I know I'm in trouble, two people who probably don't even own homes are now going to give me an estimate. The go through their whole slideshow and presentation. Then they proceed to start calling people who live down the street from us, to tell us how great a job they do!

Now, i didn't know the people they were calling, I can about guess that they were "paid spokespersons". Then they give me the estimate dollar amount, hold on to your hats.... $7,255!!! Which is just $604/month on their interest free payment plan!

That's almost as much as my *** mortgage! Please keep in mind, this wasn't a total bathroom redo, this was a tub install! Literally move a wall 6" to the right, install a tub, install the walls, install a new spigot/showerhead! I started laughing, which they didn't like.

Then I started asking them technical questions about their material, i.e. the wall components, the bathtub, the faucet and the adhesive they attach the panels to the wall with. They looked at me like I had slapped them in the face! They then proceeded to tell me how i should just go ahead and use someone else, and that they'd install their product with other company's installation methods!

They were at my house for 2.5 hours, they never budged on price.

What a waste of time... I'll follow up if I get any further info from these jokers...

Comments

That is cheap! Mine was $11,000 for a walk in shower and I strip the bathroom to studs and do the plumbing ruf-in. That is some expensive plastic.

Dothan, Alabama, United States #935398

A VERY questionable product. Went to Rebath of the Soutneast so-called showroom and was NOt impressed.

The product looks like plastic.

I've heard stories that their very proud of the product(price). My advise...look at other options, or you will be sorry.

to Anonymous #1048228

New Bath

to Anonymous #1302693

The product is plastic and the service after the sale is awful.

Bathroom looks sad.

Dothan, Alabama, United States #839758

I own a modest $60,000 home and the estimate for my small bath was $12,000. I felt like crying but I found someone on Craig List who put in the bathtub and tile walls for $2500.

The new bathtub is wonderful.

to WHomes Birmingham, Alabama, United States #895245

60,000 is not a modest home.

Mobile, Alabama, United States #835090

Also not to mentuon the fact that a whole wall is coming out and moving 6". Doesn't sound lime much but its not just sliding it over like a piece of furniture. And you adding additional plumbing and fixtures with a tub and shower.

Mobile, Alabama, United States #835087

Well having been in remodeling for 20 years yes it can be done cheaper. That being the key word CHEAP.

But when you are using superior products that are natural or a thick acrylic that os infused and made with microban built into it and thick with rich stone looks and a lifetime warranty that won't chip cracj or break even when hit with a hammer.

Then you have something. I would suggest Luxury Bath.

Had ReBath come by for an estimate. A tiny master bath, one small shower, replaced, small sink replaced, new small flooring, and some lighting installed over the sink.

The cost?

$14,000. no thanks.

this doesn't even sound real. This guy sounds like a disgruntled competitor who doesn't know how to compete. :cry

Dothan, Alabama, United States #779670

Looked at product in showroom in Dothan, al. Was not very impress with product or personnel.

Estimated price was outrageous. :x

to Anonymous Dothan, Alabama, United States #928106

BBB Complaint

Misrepresentation of the scope(amount)of work that was to be completed. Sales Person stated that

the old materials in the tub area would be removed.We contacted RE-Bath through **** ****** A meeting was set up with a representative out of ********, *** We chose design, color, seat, shelves and type door.

We were told that the tub and all the tile around tub/shower area would be removed and if there was any mold damage, it would be repaired. We were concerned about the transition from new walls to existing wall tiles and were told that it would be a smooth transition and would not extend past the existing wall. We were told that everything would be custom molded and shipped ready for installation. We paid a down payment of $2000 with $4000 remaining when it was completed.The crew arrived mid-afternoon on Jan.

13. They removed the old tub and prepped the area around the tub. I had to leave to go to a meeting and when I returned they had installed a standard size (not custom) shower base and had installed the polymer walls on the back of the shower on top of the old tile. If there was any mold damage it was covered up.

I questioned the crew about this and was told that was how they do it and that it was already glued to the old tile and could not be removed. I tried to call the sales rep and could not get in touch with her.

I was in the position of either allowing them to finish or be without a bath/shower for who knew how long. The next day they completed the job, except the shower base was supposed to be anti-slip and they had installed one without. The shower frame sticks out 1 inch past wall tile and 2 inches past on wall above tile.

Not the smooth transition I was assured of. They were going to have to return at a later date and put down an anti-slip surface. I did not pay them at this time.

I talked to the owner of RE-Bath of the Southeast out of Dothan, Al.

several times. I asked for a price reduction of $1500 because the job was not done as specified. They were only willing to

discount it by $500. On Feb.

18th the crew returned to put down the anti-slip. I gave them a check for $2500 marked "paid in full". The next day the Re-Bath franchise owner that I had talked to several times called and we still didn't reach a solution. They cashed the $2500 check that stated "paid in full" on the 27th of Feb..

Today, March 6th, I received a statement from Re-Bath for $1500 and a copy of my warranty marked VOID across it. Unless this matter is resolved quickly, I feel I have no choice but to turn it over to my lawyer.

to Anonymous #1048235

New Bath of Alabama

You prejudge people often? Maybe they should have prejudged you when they pulled up to your house and then this complaint wouldn't have happened.

to Anonymous #792526

Wow, you are so clever :grin

Rebath of the southeast....CHEAPPPPPPPPP Product. Be better off with duck tape. Oh, I forgot about cost....HIGHHHHHHHhH!

Jollyville, Texas, United States #720275

The saleswoman told me that they use synthetic stone walls the latter she said it was a solid surface. I asked about it and meet resistance on the explanation.

Solid surface means it is solid not full of holes. Synthetic stone means it looks like stone but isn't stone.

All in all someone needs to suspend thinking when you talk to their sale people.

Enterprise, Alabama, United States #701282

No doubt about it. Rebath is a joke.

Especially, Rebath of the Southeast. They don't know what their doing

Ozark, Alabama, United States #653032

Saw it in showroom......looks like plastic

Mobile, Alabama, United States #609161

I'm not sure if you're talking about the same Re-Bath I used, but the one in South Alabama did 2 Bathrooms for me and I couldn't have been happier. Pros all the way from the Sales Team to the installers.

I love the product, no comparison to any think at Lowes or Home Depot, Believe me I looked! 3 Days to do both. Been in for 4 years no problems at all. As far as price...

it was a little more then other contractors (and I do mean just a little) but with a lifetime warranty!

These complaints listed above don't sound like unhappy customers but desperate competitors with a lot of extra time on their hands. :)